Australia ranks #2 in world for most expensive childcare
The release of new OECD families data highlights the crippling cost of early childhood education Australian parents endure.
READ OUR MEDIA RELEASE HERE
AN HONEST CONVERSATION WITH ANTHONY ALBANESE
The fact the Labor leader made time to sit with parents for a wide-spanning conversation with no parameters just weeks from the election is telling.
READ MORE HERE
Our latest press release: Mums need decent policies - not platitudes!
Quick Election Poll: link here
Quick Election Poll: link here
Write a letter to your MP calling for better Paid Parental Leave and early learning & care: link here
Sign our #ParentsUp petition for Paid Parental Leave, childcare and OSHC families deserve! Link here
Read stories from parents like us here.
UPCOMING TRAININGS AND SESSIONS:
'How To Talk To Your Pollies (AKA Politicians)'
LINKS TO RELEVANT ARTICLES AND RESOURCES:
- ‘Huge chunk of our wage’: Childcare fees outstrip inflation over long term
- NEW CPI DATA REVEALS CHILDCARE COSTS ARE UP BY 14.7% SINCE LAST ELECTION
- Sit in the fire: how to talk to kids about the world as it is.
- KindiCare, the creator of Australia’s first early childhood education finder app, has launched a new comparison website on which you can search early learning services by postcode, suburb, centre or brand. Check it out here!
- "In health, social, educational and economic terms there are no other reforms with the capacity to transform our nation like paid parental leave and access to quality early childhood education and care," writes our ED Georgie Dent in her excellent op-ed in Women's Agenda.
- In less than 2 months we'll all vote for the next Federal government. This is a chance to influence the shape of this country! In 3 minutes tell us what you & your family want from politicians. Take our election survey here: https://form.typeform.com/to/gLFDpIgC?typeform-source=theparenthood.nationbuilder.com
- Allison Pennington's take on #budget22 in the @thenewdaily is a must read: "This budget signals more cuts to workers’ pay. The budget has earmarked reducing legislated minimum redundancy payments for part-time workers. This will disproportionately affect women."
- Craig Emerson Economics: "It is insane that when women constitute 58 per cent of uni graduates each year, the Morrison government has devised a policy that penalises mothers for working more than three days a week."
- Mamamia article featuring Patti on the Money: "The fees were like birth control. We had to move." The true cost of daycare in Sydney.
- You can find our budget submission 2022/23 here.
- The Australian: Do you agree that it's high time we stop seeing gender equity as a cost and instead recognise it as an investment in Australia’s economic future?
- Brisbane Times: “When men take parental leave, they’re more likely to participate in childcare on an ongoing basis and have a more equitable division of unpaid work at home."
- "Maintaining some connection to paid work during their child-rearing years is the most important thing a woman can do to protect her financial independence", Georgie Dent tells the Brisbane Times.
- Brisbane Times: NSW Treasurer Matt Kean has taken aim at his federal colleagues, warning if Canberra fails to take the lead on universal affordable and accessible early learning, NSW will step in.
- Every woman in Australia deserves access to a safe place to work, a safe place to live, fair and #equalpay, quality free #earlylearning & care, and a justice system that works for survivors.